Yoga therapy is the process of empowering individuals to progress toward improved health and well-being through the application of the teachings and practices of Yoga.” – International Association of Yoga Therapy
What is Yoga Therapy?:
Yoga therapy, is a completely individualised approach to practising yoga. It”s the therapeutic use of yoga that combines all the tools of yoga such as movement (postures), breath-work, meditation and guided relaxation to explore specific health concerns and optimise wellness.
The yogic model of health is unique because it addresses every aspect of life, viewing all the systems of the body and mind as one, rather than separately. A yoga therapist will assess your
specific physical, mental or emotional challenges, your goals and potential limitations, and from there design a personalised yoga program to help you improve your overall wellbeing.
Who can benefit from Yoga Therapy?
Absolutely anyone, even if you have no prior experience of yoga. If the idea of attending a group class has held you back from trying yoga, or you”ve attended a class but found the class setting wasn”t quite right, then private yoga therapy might be for you.
If you”re already working with other healthcare practitioners, yoga therapy will be a wonderful modality to support you at any stage of your healing journey.
What can Yoga Therapy help you with?
- Manage chronic pain or support the healing of an injury
- Increase both stability and resiliency around your joints
- Build strength while increasing bone density through healthy weight bearing for osteopenia/osteoperosis
- Navigate mental health challenges such as depression & anxiety, disordered eating, and trauma
- Support chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, and other autoimmune disorders
- Work with reproductive health and fertility
- Increase balance and resiliency for healthy ageing
- Support emotional wellness and nervous system health.
- Discover a new sense of trust, vitality, and agency in your body again